- 29 December 2011
Be sure to click on 'Home' in the top menu to see other articles...
Program Status Update (1/31/2012):
Staff is processing valid original and renewal applications received in January 2012. If an application is valid then a registry identification card will be issued. Currently there is a backlog on the issuance of registry identification cards.
Registry identification cards are being printed and mailed for original applications received at the end of August.
Renewal registry identification cards are being printed and mailed for registrations that expired in October and November.
Original and Renewal applications are now both processed based on the date the application was received. Registry identification cards are printed based on the date the application was processed.
To assist our staff in expediting and processing a renewal application make sure you submit your application on a Renewal Application with your registry identification number on the form.
- 222,413 original and renewal applications received since April 6, 2009.
- 131,483 patient registrations issued.
- 22,550 applications denied -- most due to incomplete application or missing documentation.
- Applications are reviewed within 15 days of receipt. Incomplete applications are denied and applicants are then notified of denial by certified and regular mail.
- Complete applications, change forms and reapplications for previous denials are then processed in the date order in which they are received. If a denial letter is not received then the application is deemed valid. The statute currently allows for a copy of the application submitted to serve as a valid registry identification if the card is not issued within 20 days of its submission to the department. At this time, we are unable to issue valid registry identification cards within the statutory time frame with the resources available to us. We continue to review and revise our processing methods in order to more efficiently process and issue the valid registry cards.
- The staff is diligently working to process the applications and is having difficulty responding to all the voicemails left on the Medical Marihuana Registry phone line. We appreciate your patience and ask that applicants refrain from calling to inquire about the status of the application unless your originalapplication was submitted prior to the beginning of July or your renewal card expired prior to October 2011.